We attended an assembly run by our administrative staff yesterday and they highlighted, in detail, some of our school's expectations with regard to technology and personal/school devices. The following is a summary of the message that students received yesterday:
- as soon as students are on school property, their personal technology is expected to be turned off and out of sight;
- if parents wish to contact their child, they must do so through the office, and the same expectation stands for the students - if they wish to contact a parent, they must have permission to use the classroom or office phone. Personal technology is NOT to be a communication method between parents, families, and students during the school day;
- technology is to be used only for instructional purposes and under supervision of a teacher or adult in the classroom;
- if students are caught using technology when they should not be, it will be confiscated. The technology will be sent to the office and the student will have to collect it in the office at the end of the day. Continued confiscations will result in a conversation/conference with parents and administration.
- students are never to be taking photos of classmates at school, and under no circumstance should pictures of classmates/schoolmates be posted online in any way. This becomes a privacy issue and is taken very seriously.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post. Please consider following up with your child. We appreciate your support in upholding these expectations at Fieldcrest.
Mrs. Skelton Wright :)