Thank you for a great start to the school year! Our class appreciates all donations of tissues and paper towel - I think we're stocked up for a while now!
Just a friendly reminder of a few things:
- please join us on REMIND - this is where you'll get the most up-to-date information about our class (please see the PARENT section of the blog)
- students need to have indoor running shoes for the cleanliness of our portable, and for gym class
- school-wide reorganization will be on September 26, based on the number of registered students at Fieldcrest. While we hope that our students are NOT moved, there is a possibility of that happening. Information will come home with your child prior to September 26 if they are moving classrooms.
- Meet-the-Teacher night is Thursday, September 28. I'm looking forward to meeting you all! Miss Barrett and I will both be available to meet all families of students that we teach.
We have changed our format for assemblies this year. Instead of one assembly per month, there will be one assembly every two months, to recognize 2 character traits. If your child will be receiving an award, we will send you information so that you can (hopefully!) arrange to be there. The assembly scheduled for October will be held on Friday, October 27 at 11:45. The character traits are "caring" and "cooperation".
As per our assembly today, there are a few new school rules that students are asked and expected to follow:
- no gum on school property
- hats off upon entering the building
- technology is to be used ONLY under the direct supervision of the teachers
- students are NOT to be leaving backpacks by the portables in the morning, as there is no supervision on that side of the yard; they are to go to the West yard and wait for the first bell. Once the first bell has rung, they may make their way to the portable.
Please subscribe to our blog - occasional updates and photos will be posted throughout the year.
Thanks! Have a great day,
Mrs. Skelton Wright